Legal Malpractice Attorney Representing Legal Professionals and The Public
upholding the integrity and quality of the practice of law
An attorney undergoes a rigorous application process, background checks and examination to obtain a license to practice law. The intense scrutiny from the New Jersey and New York Bar Associations is intended to maintain the integrity and quality of legal practice in the state. Attorneys swear to support the Constitution, abide by the rules of professional conduct and take actions that are consistent with truth and justice. I have an unwavering commitment to the principled, dutiful practice of the legal profession. I expect the same firm dedication to ethical, competent legal practice from our peers. To uphold these high standards, I represent attorneys and their clients in all matters related to the licensure and practice of law.
protecting Clients’ rights to effective, ethical representation
Your attorney has certain specific obligations to you. You should expect an attorney who you retain to:
- Uphold the Constitution
- Practice in accordance with the New Jersey and New York Bars' rules of professional conduct
- Approach the court and judicial system with respect and honesty
- Act in your best interest
- Provide details about expenses and fees
- Retain fiduciary and accounting obligations
- Maintain confidential communications
- Abide by contractual agreements
When an attorney fails to fulfill these obligations, your case or rights may be negatively impacted. I work to get you justice.
Pursuing aggrieved clients' legal remedies
You have options if your legal counsel’s representation is fraudulent or negligent. I review your case and help you pursue the best means of obtaining relief, which could include:
- Suing the attorney
- Filing a grievance with the New Jersey or New York Bar Association
- Negotiating with your attorney to rectify the problem
- Mediating with your attorney to reach an equitable agreement
- Assisting you in obtaining competent representation to complete your legal matters
If you have lost a case, been imprisoned or given up rights due to your former attorney's mistakes or inaction, I may be able to help.
Defending attorneys in New Jersey and New York
If you are an attorney who finds yourself unfairly accused of violating your duties, I provide you with unyielding support. I apply this substantial knowledge of Bar and court rules and procedures to represent you in lawsuits and judicial hearings
If a current or former client is accusing you of malpractice, I will represent you in litigation and negotiations.
Contact an attorney focused on upholding the ethics of my profession
Elliott Joffe, Esq. represents clients throughout New Jersey and New York. Call me at 201-452-4319 or contact me online to schedule your free consultation.